Life Cycle Analysis
Soylent’s Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) study was conducted by Sustainable Solutions Corporation in 2019 according to the life cycle inventory (LCI) and life cycle impact assessment (LCIA) standards established by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) life cycle assessment standards ISO 14040 series. The geographic boundary for this study was predominantly North America. The LCA was independently reviewed by a panel made up of experts in the sustainability field: Martin Heller, PhD, Center for Sustainable Systems- University of Michigan; Thomas Gloria, PhD, Director, Industrial Ecology Consultants; Greg Thoma, PhD, Bates Teaching Professor of Chemical Engineering- University of Arkansas.
1. Joan Sabaté, Sam Soret. Sustainability of plant-based diets: back to the future, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 100, Issue suppl_1, July 2014, Pages 476S–482S,
2. S.R. Nadathur, J.P.D Wanasundara and L. Scanlin. Proteins in the Diet: Challenges in Feeding the Global Population. Sustainable Protein Sources. Academic Press, Oct 2, 2016
3. Michelle Braun, Ivan Muñoz, Jannick H Schmidt, and Mikkel Thrane. Sustainability of Soy Protein from Life Cycle Assessment. The FASEB Journal 2016 30:1_supplement, 894.5-894.5
Soylent DEI Annual Survey:
1. ‘PledgeLA Annual Company Survey 2021’ Completed by all Soylent employees April 2021, published May 1, 2021.
Soylent For Good
1. ‘More Than a Milestone: #SoylentForGood Reaches 5 Million Meals’, author Demir Vangelov, published October 2021.
1. Sustainability Mark: Soy Connection & U.S. Soy. (2021, January 10). Retrieved November 1, 2021, from https://www.soyconnection.com/sustainability-mark
2. US-Grown Soy and its Environmental Impact. (2021, April 1). Retrieved November 1, 2021, from https://soylent.com/blogs/news/us-grown-soy-and-its-environmental-impact